Orange Coast College, Costa Mesa, CA
Saturday • June 28, 2014
This is an intensive legal training opportunity exclusively for parents/grandparents of children with autism spectrum disorders and related developmental disabilities.* Please see our Continuing Legal Education for professional training.
Location & Conference Details
- Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa, CA
- Conference will be held in Chemistry Bldg (207/214)
- Driving Directions
- Campus Map
- Parking is free
- Lunch/snacks: many food trucks are available at the adjacent OCC Swap Meet.
- Reminder – this is a parents/grandparents-only event. It is not for professionals.
|8-9 a.m.||Welcome & Preparing for Advocacy|
|9-10:15 a.m.||Assessments: The Neuropsychological Perspective|
|10:30-11:45 a.m.||Health Insurance Coverage for Autism|
|11:45-12:45 p.m.||LUNCH BREAK|
|12:45-2 p.m.||Special Needs Trusts & Conservatorships|
|2-3:30 p.m.||REGIONAL CENTER – Birth to 12 Years
Choosing Your Battles: When and How to Access Services from the Regional Center and other State Programs
|REGIONAL CENTER – 13+ Years Old
Maximizing Independent Living
|3:45-5 p.m.||IEP Strategy|
Before registering please note:
- You must register in advance. NO on-site registration will be available for this parent training conference.
- Sorry, no refunds are available for this event.
- If your child is a regional center client, please see our vendor number to share with your caseworker.
*Sorry, this training is not open to professionals. All attendees are required to show documents (IEP, IPP, IFSP, diagnosis, etc.) confirming they are a parent/grandparent/legal guardian to a child affected by an autism spectrum disorder or related developmental disability. There are no exceptions to this policy.
**Scholarships to families in need are available upon request. Please contact us.